iHub By susan / October 20, 2010
Samsung contest announced at Mobile MondayKE
The theme for this session was ‘Developers and Opportunities for Monetization‘. Indeed the theme did suffice for the day as Patricia Kingori the GM for Samsung Mobile East and Central Africa introduced Robert Ngeru Deputy MD for Samsung Mobile East and Central Africa.
Robert spoke about the Samsung appstore which is being setup to encourage Kenyans to download apps on their phones. On top of that he decided to give goodies to developers which includes a cash prize of Kshs.200,000 to the five top applications which wins the contest in six weeks time. More information about the contest can be found here.
James Muriithi at 07:32:09AM Saturday, October 23, 2010
I believe the link to the Samsung competition is the wrong one – it actually points to “Free the TV Challenge”, another Samsung competition for US citizens.
This competition is also blogged about briefly at this link: http://www.moseskemibaro.com/2010/10/19/samsung-makes-a-big-bada-splash-for-local-mobile-apps-at-mobilemonday-kenya/ but there doesn’t seem to be any other information on this Bada appstore competition.
If anyone’s got a link detailing this, please shareReply
Jessica Colaco at 12:09:50PM Monday, October 25, 2010
serah at 06:19:52AM Wednesday, October 27, 2010
how does one register for this contest?Reply
Leave a Reply
- Social Entrepreneurship Happy Hour, Featuring Sanergy | Tuesday 28th May, 2013 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies
- Understanding The edTech Ecosystem in Kenya – Wireless Wednesday Recap
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – 2013 L’Oreal-UNESCO: Regional fellowship for Women in Science in Sub-Saharan Africa
- NRBUZZ: DIGITIZING MARKET RESEARCH