Uncategorized By susan / September 27, 2010
Mobile Monday turns 10
As Mobile Monday celebrates its 10 years community collaboration and innovation at Helsinki, Finland, the Kenyan chapter held its monthly meetup at the iHub where by virtual city presented their project which won the Nokia’s Growth Economy Venture Challenge. Mobile Distributor Solution app which supports small and micro enterprises in emerging markets. The team which includes Thomas Mwanzi , Conrad Akunga and John Waibochi among others ,received $1 million (USD) in venture capital and a commitment from Nokia to help turn his idea into a business reality.
Shujaa solutions MD,Michael Wakahe presented on his product the shujaa developer platform which gives software developers resources such as test bed, documentation and code sample.
Conrad Akunga gave a tri via to the participants whereby he asked them what was the theme of Nokia 2010 call for innovation?A virtual city shirt was up for grabs.
No comments yet
Leave a Reply
- Apply for the Intel Technology to Market Accelerator in Silicon Valley: Deadline June 23rd 2013
- The PIVOT East 2013 Checklist: Kampala & Nairobi | June 25-26 2013 | Sheraton Kampala & iHub
- Steve Rogers officially opens the iHub UX lab
- Zege Technologies emerges Second Best in Dragons Den Pitching Competition in South Africa
- How to Build Your Career in Social Enterprise | Tuesday June 18 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub