iHub By Angela Oduor / June 2, 2010
Kenya ICT Board Call for Proposals for Development of Digital Content and Software Applications
This is a great opportunity for all local content developers out there.
The Kenya ICT board recently announced its intent to apply US$4 Million(about Kshs 300 million) of a grant received from the International Development Association, for development of digital content and software application.
The grant opportunities are in two categories:-
- Development of web and mobile based information services for the government information portal.
- Development of innovative communications and information applications that utilize web and mobile technologies.
Firms will receive a maximum of US$50,000, while individuals will recieve a maximum of US$10,000.
The Kenya ICT board will be taking written questions as of June 3, 2010 to June 24, 2010 via firstname.lastname@example.org.
There shall be 4 Pre-Application workshops held at the following venues:-
- Mombasa Polytechnic: Mombasa on June 18th, 2010
- Maseno University: Kisumu on June 22nd, 2010
- Moi University: Eldoret on June 25th, 2010
- Kenyatta International Conference Center(KICC) on June 29th, 2010
Deadline for submission of proposals is July 19th 2010.
For full details and instructions, visit the Kenya ICT Board website.
In the meantime, start racking your brains for ideas and WRITE YOUR PROPOSALS .
Lee at 12:03:20PM Thursday, June 3, 2010
Sudi at 12:29:09PM Friday, June 4, 2010
Great. A good initiative.Reply
Leave a Reply
- Apply for the Intel Technology to Market Accelerator in Silicon Valley: Deadline June 23rd 2013
- The PIVOT East 2013 Checklist: Kampala & Nairobi | June 25-26 2013 | Sheraton Kampala & iHub
- Steve Rogers officially opens the iHub UX lab
- Zege Technologies emerges Second Best in Dragons Den Pitching Competition in South Africa
- How to Build Your Career in Social Enterprise | Tuesday June 18 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub