iHub By Lillian Nduati / June 12, 2010
BarCamp Nairobi 2010: Day 1 Introduction
Phares Kariuki, organizing team, BarCamp Nairobi kicktarted the morning session by announcing the registration of the participants, and voting of presentations. The early birds got a free bags, and BarCamp Nairobi T-shirts. First off to present was Mikel Maron of Map Kibera, with an interesting take on Kibera and Mapping.
Tonee Ndungu introduced the next session with his trademark humor , leaving the audience entertained. A presentation from Geo Tube followed by a short break between 11:00 and 11:30 a.m , with Pete from Pete’s Coffee House serving great coffee. Thanks Pete!
Paul kukubo, C.E.O Kenya ICT Board gave a talk on government and transparency, while Kaburo Kobia, Local Digital Content Manager also at Kenya ICT Board mentioned a bit about the recent grant announcement by the Kenya ICT Board.
Images And Links From Barcamp Nairobi 2010 Which Occured In Kenya « Pan-African « TechMasai at 21:40:23PM Sunday, June 13, 2010
[...] iHub [...]Reply
aviko oloo at 10:04:02AM Monday, June 14, 2010
hey,thanks for the events and the drinks ..got a lot of exposure and networking..but am a bit concern with the Tonee Ndungu link over their on the article,it leads to a joomla installation windowReply
Leave a Reply
- Characteristics of Incident Reporters on Twitter
- Pivot East 2013 Finalists.
- .NET Meetup: Focus on Application Lifecycle Management | Wednesday, 29th May | 6 – 7:30 pm | iHub
- Social Entrepreneurship Happy Hour, Featuring Sanergy | Tuesday 28th May, 2013 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies