Uncategorized By cesar / April 9, 2010
*IHub_ presentation by Erik Hersman
Via Jonathan Marks
This is the third interview I ( Jonathan Marks) have done with Erik Hersman in a year. Each has been in a different continent and each time I find his enthusiasm for entrepreneurship to be even more inspiring. Erik is one of five founders of the iHub in Nairobi, Kenya. It is a city that is booming, yet until now, it has no focal point for those IT start-ups that need cheap, fast Internet access and a place to interact with colleagues with a similar passion. iHub is the answer and when I visited on April 6th 2010, I found them in the early stages of building out.
Erik and the iHub’s new manager Jessica Colaço are both TED fellows. They combine creativity with sound business sense – as well as being great people to know. In the film you will also will also see two 3rd year students, Samuel Olembo and Angela Oduor, who are helping out.
Check out ihub.co.ke, and if you’ve got a great idea, I definitely recommend hooking up.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Mobile Monday – featuring Elma by Craft Silicon
- Review of Kenya’s move to EMV credit cards
- [Training] Managing Customers and Markets
- StartUp Series Episode 1: The Hustler
- 10 signs your work placement or internship is a ‘keeper’
Tag Cloudafrica Akirachix apps community dangerous speech design developers Entrepreneurship event fireside chat ict iHub iHubResearch (R@iHub) Innovation Intel kenya m:lab microsoft mobile nairobi open data outreach PIVOT25 Research Social Entrepreneurship startups Tech Technology training Umati
- ICT and Governance in East Africa : Preliminary Fieldwork Findings (Part 2)- Apac and Lira
- ICT and Governance in East Africa : Preliminary Fieldwork Findings (Part 1) Kampala and Fort Portal (Uganda)
- Umati’s Tech Evolution
- Lessons Learned: Lean Launch Pad experiences with Iain Verigin
- ICT and Governance in East Africa: Methodology