Uncategorized By Erik Hersman / March 11, 2010
Thomas Roessler from the W3C
We were honored to have Thomas Roessler of the World Wide Web Consortium as one of our visitors today at the iHub. He’s a past ICANN board member, and is right in the center of the push for the mobile web. He gave us a talk on how the future of the web is mobile.
Take a look at his presentation (3Mb PDF download) to get a feel for the talk, though full context can better be understood when listening to him talk on the video, which we’ll try to get up on this blog post soon.
He talked about device APIs too, a very cool concept, where we see APIs popping up for GPS, cameras, microphones and sensors.
- In the past we developed special apps for each platform.
- Now, one webapp runs on all of them.
$i = 1; ?>
allela arthur at 02:25:42AM Wednesday, March 17, 2010
habari ya ihub asubuhi hii or , its 3 in the morning and i know its the beginning of something i got introduced to by my younger brother, its creative capitalism . the nature of information companies going forward may not necessarily be billion dollar valuations. quote by mark anderseen netscape founder . great day people its worth everything being part of whats going on . and kudos to ilab launch .Reply
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Success Through Failure – Third Time’s The Charm!
- August Kids Hacker Camp: Maker-Breaker Day
- < Job hunting for techies 101 > – How it went down
- Wireless Wednesday- Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya
- 6 Things A Nairobi Matatu Tout Can Teach You About Business
Tag Cloudafrica Akirachix apps community dangerous speech design developers Entrepreneurship event gaming ict iHub iHubResearch (R@iHub) Innovation Intel kenya m:lab microsoft mobile nairobi open data outreach PIVOT25 Research Social Entrepreneurship startups Tech Technology training Umati
- Sms and USSD VS Native Applications
- Review of NairobiJS May Meetup – Front End Development.
- The m:lab Wins Impact Economy Innovations Grant
- Intel – Google Developer Group Meetup: “Building Apps 101: Know Your Audience” | Saturday 15th February, 2013 | 9:30 am – 5:00 pm | iHub
- Mobile East Africa 2014 welcomes the man that Forbes measured as the “world’s most influential expert in mobile”