Uncategorized By Erik Hersman / March 11, 2010
Thomas Roessler from the W3C
We were honored to have Thomas Roessler of the World Wide Web Consortium as one of our visitors today at the iHub. He’s a past ICANN board member, and is right in the center of the push for the mobile web. He gave us a talk on how the future of the web is mobile.
Take a look at his presentation (3Mb PDF download) to get a feel for the talk, though full context can better be understood when listening to him talk on the video, which we’ll try to get up on this blog post soon.
He talked about device APIs too, a very cool concept, where we see APIs popping up for GPS, cameras, microphones and sensors.
- In the past we developed special apps for each platform.
- Now, one webapp runs on all of them.
$i = 1; ?>
allela arthur at 02:25:42AM Wednesday, March 17, 2010
habari ya ihub asubuhi hii or , its 3 in the morning and i know its the beginning of something i got introduced to by my younger brother, its creative capitalism . the nature of information companies going forward may not necessarily be billion dollar valuations. quote by mark anderseen netscape founder . great day people its worth everything being part of whats going on . and kudos to ilab launch .Reply
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Project Management: How good projects go bad
- Quality Assurance Workshop
- Eneza Education Graduates out of Incubation Program
- Be a part of the BBC “World have your say” radio show airing at iHub
- Bad judgement – Experience – Good judgement