iHub By Jessica Colaco / March 31, 2010
Gates Foundation – Grand Challenges in Global Health
Researchers from all fields who can offer fresh perspectives on global health problems are encouraged to apply for a Grand Challenges Explorations grant, which awards $100,000 to test their unique and largely untested ideas. Applications for Round 5 of the initiative are being accepted from March 25 to May 19, 2010.
Grand Challenges Explorations focuses on research areas where creative, unorthodox thinking is most urgently needed. In this latest round of funding, applicants will be asked to submit proposal addressing these topic areas:
- Create Low-Cost Cell Phone-Based Applications for Priority Global Health Conditions
- Create New Technologies for the Health of Mothers and Newborns
- Create New Ways to Protect Against Infectious Disease
- Create New Technologies for Contraception
Currently, more than 260 scientists from 30 countries are working to take their innovative ideas to the next level through Grand Challenges Explorations grants. Featured below are some examples of these projects. For a complete list of all research awarded to date, visit the Grand Challenges Explorations web site.
pharmacy tech at 03:50:16AM Sunday, April 4, 2010
Wow this is a great resource.. I’m enjoying it.. good articleReply
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Angel Investors: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Believe the Hype (Master)!
- Startup Sauna comes to Nairobi
- Intel Student Partner Program: Now launching in Tanzania and Uganda. Apply by April 30th!
- African Tech Bits Episode 3: Kenya The Game and the Gamers