iHub By Erik Hersman / January 29, 2010
Join the iHub Logo Competition!
There’s only 3 days left in the iHub logo competition. If you believe you have the design chops to pull off the ultimate iHub logo that will be key to the whole iHub branding, check it out.
153 designs have been submitted in the first 4 days, some of them are excellent (some not!).
The winner gets the 38,000 Ksh prize ($500) as well as bragging rights.
Before you do anything, read the design brief.
We’re launching an innovation hub in Nairobi, Kenya, and we call it the iHub.
This space is a tech community facility in Nairobi, Kenya with a focus on young entrepreneurs, web and mobile phone programmers and designers. It is part open community workspace (co-working), part investor and VC hub and part incubator. It is the nexus point for technologists, investors, tech companies and hackers in the area.
This hub is a community space that is open to all web and mobile phone developers. It is owned and supported by the local tech community and organizations that care about seeing the tech community grow.
The audience is made up of programmers, web designers, mobile application developers and young entrepreneurs. They’re usually the college and young professional age, and this place is their zone. A place for them to sit down on super-fast internet connections, work, have events and meetings.
It’s a place for the tech community to plant the seeds of their future business ideas and launch startups out of.
The goal is to create a logo that is fun, fresh and embodies the tech spirit, but with an African flair.
The mark is “iHub” with no other text needed.
1. The typeface should be clear, simple and bold. We want something that stands out.
2. A type treatment with an icon/element
3. I’m interested in green being the primary color, but can be won over to another one if you have the right design.
– I’ll be voting and giving feedback regularly throughout the week.
– I’ll need the final logo design winner in EPS, PSD, AI, JPG and PNG formats.
– Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo
– No maps of Africa
This contest has been pre-paid with 99designs. The winner will be paid directly by 99designs for the full prize amount, excluding any third party transfer fees.
- Paypal (free, 2-3 day payment turnaround)
- Moneybookers (charges apply, 5-10 day payment turnaround)
- AlertPay (charges apply, 5-10 day payment turnaround)
- Western Union (charges apply, 10 day payment turnaround)
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- PIVOT East partners with Tech hubs for 2014 startups competition
- Screening of Girl Rising – empowering young women in ICT and entrepreneurship
- Why calling yourself a Startup could be Killing your Business
- INTEL IDEATION CAMP
- A Recap of #UmatiForum: The Many Faces of Online Hate Speech in Kenya